Sunday 7 November 2010

Brit Rock 6th November

It's the UK so of course it's cold. Had the misfortune to see Bon Jovi on commercial TV, playing to an audience of trendies who'd look just as happy at a Take That concert. The whole thing was introduced by the nauseating Fearne Cotton, a woman whose main talent must be making the drinks because it certainly isn't any kind of presenting. Bon Jovi have bugged me since I saw them on the Slippery When Wet tour in 1986, they were a decent band before, then they were pandering to selective rock fans. I remember at the concert, it started badly when the curtains opened and we were engulfed by girlie screams, there was a stupid kid in front of us break dancing, and they turned the whole thing into a pantomime, "Hey, my side can sing louder than yours Ritchie". I still play them, but as it says outside one of their recent concerts, Bon Jovi - sold out. I quite agree.
1) Guess Who - American woman
2) The Beatles - She's a woman
3) Rolling Stones - Honky tonk woman
4) Eagles - Witchy woman
5) Pink Floyd - Comfortably numb
6) ZZ Top - Gimme all your loving
7) Steppenwolf - Born to be wild
8) The Swiines - Stone faced. This weeks fine newish band. Go to www.theswiines.co.uk or www.myspace.com/theswiines for more details
9) Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
10) Raven Black Eyes Of Fire - Lightning rider
11) T-Rex - 20th century boy
12) Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under the bridge
13) Santana - Black magic woman
14) U2 - Elevation
15) Bon Jovi - It's my life
16) Iron Maiden - Blood brothers
17) Flogging Molly - Devil's dance floor
18) Offspring - Original prankster
19) Linkin Park - Crawling
20) Coldplay - Yellow
21) Don Henley - Taking you home
22) The Swiines - Vampires
23) Slash featuring Fergie - Beautiful dangerous
24) Toto - Hold the line
25) Python Lee Jackson - In a broken dream
Hour three features some mellow rock
1) Sting - If I ever lose my faith in you
2) Hall & Oates - Kiss on my list
3) Steve Winwood - Valerie
4) Tracy Chapman - Fast car
5) James Taylor - Your smiling face
6) Crowded House - It's only natural
7) Billy Joel - Don't ask me why
8) Carole King - It's too late
9) Bread - Sweet surrender
10) Simon & Garfunkel - The sound of silence
11) Elton John - Tiny dancer
12) Chris Rea - Tell me there's a heaven
13) Joe Jackson - Real men
14) Chicken Shack - I'd rather go blind

No comments:

Post a Comment